BMC Health Services Research is recruiting new Editorial Board Members (EBMs). With the increasing visibility of the journal, we are expanding our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
Who are you looking for?
We welcome EBM applications from international researchers working in the health services research field who:
- are committed to open access publishing, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing;
- have a minimum of 15 publications published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- are frequently listed as a corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable EBMs for BMC Health Services Research must also:
- be supportive of the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to representing BMC Health Services Research within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfill the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
We are particularly seeking Editorial Board Members with a research background in the following areas of health services research:
- eHealth, mHealth, and telehealth
- Disparities and discrimination
- Human resources for health
- Implementation science
- Infectious diseases
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Health service performance
- Substance use disorders
- Sexual health and family planning
What does being an Editorial Board Member (EBM) involve?
- EBMs are primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting and inviting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements, and recommending decisions on the basis of peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies.
- EBMs for BMC Health Services Research should be willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month through peer review across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
- We also encourage all of our Editorial Board Members to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
- Our EBMs will be provided with access to training materials, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The EBM will report to the Editor of the journal.
More details about the responsibilities of our editorial board members and FAQs can be found here.