Health Systems Global is a unique organization driven by a diverse, global membership of researchers, decision-makers and implementers who are dedicated to promoting health systems research and knowledge translation. The activities of Health Systems Global span across three broad areas of work: 1) foster the creation of new knowledge; 2) support knowledge translation focusing on bridging knowledge creation with practical application; and 3) foster research on the application of new knowledge in real world settings. Members of Health Systems Global will receive a discount on BMC Health Systems Research's article-processing charge when they provide a discount code (which members can obtain by contacting the society) during the submission process.
This cross-journal collection brings together in one place articles outlining diseases (and their vectors) that are likely to spread or are already spreading across borders due to the effects of climate change. The impact of policy implementation or interventions designed to contain the spread infectious disease, and studies that could inform future global policy or practical solutions are very much welcome.
Submissions are now open and the deadline is the 31st of May 2020. A full list of participating journals can be found following the link above.
We are actively recruiting Associate Editors to join our growing network of editorial board members.
Restrictive changes to immigration policies may impact healthcare access for immigrants already residing in the US. A recent study published in BMC Health Services Research investigated this by conducting focus groups with health workers in Texas.
To learn more about this study, please read the Blog written by the authors.
Visit our Health Services Research page
Aims and scope
- James Edwards, BMC, UK
- Anisa Lowe, BMC, UK
- Onyebuchi A Arah, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Dina Balabanova, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Stefano Bonacina, Karolinska Institutet
- Kostuv Dalal, Örebro University
- Hengjin Dong, Zhejiang University School of Medicine
- Michael Donnelly, Queen's University Belfast
- Marie-Pierre Gagnon, Laval University
- David Hotchkiss, Tulane University
- Holly Lanham, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Evelina Pappa, Hellenic Open University
- Milena Pavlova, Maastricht University
- Antoni Plasencia, ISGlobal Barcelona Institute for Global Health
- Fabrizio Tediosi, University of Basel
- Kaspar Wyss, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
Society Affiliation Information
BMC Series blog
Exploration of disinvestment in the local healthcare setting
Edited by: Dr Milena Pavlova
Collection published: 4 May 2017
The Many Meanings of 'Quality' in Healthcare: Interdisciplinary Perspectives
Edited by: Dr Deborah Swinglehurst
Collection published: 23 April 2015
Medical tourism - concepts, ethics and practices
Edited by: Dr Tulsi Patel and Prof Silke Schicktanz
Collection published: 20 August 2013
2018 Journal Metrics
1.932 - 2-year Impact Factor
2.636- 5-year Impact Factor
1.122 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
1.057 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
Social Media Impact
6738 Altmetric mentions