|Inclusion criteria||Exclusion criteria|
|1. Traumatic injury as reason for acute care|
and one or more of the following:
• Death in the Emergency Department as a consequence of injury.
• Inpatient death following injury.
• Admission to the Intensive Care Unit.
|1. Traumatic injury NOT the reason for acute care.|
2. Any injuries distal to the wrist or ankle, except for amputation of the hand or foot at or proximal to the level of the metacarpals/metatarsals.
3. Length of stay < 3 calendar days apart from death and/or ICU admission.
4. Date of injury > 1 week prior to admission to the first hospital.