• It must present, legible and clean
• It must state the name, the strength and actual quantity of drug
• Instructions should be clear and understandable
• Medicines should have been dispensed within the time frame its remain efficacious.
• The container should be original, intact and clean
• There should only be one product within the container
• The expiry date should be found and should not be exceeded.
• The medicine should be easily identified.(especially if clear liquid or loose white tablets)
• The product should be whole, clean with no visible deterioration (eg, no broken tablet)
• The medicine must be stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations