Aims and scope
BMC Health Services Research is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of health services research. The journal has a special focus on eHealth, governance, health policy, health system quality and safety, healthcare delivery and access to healthcare, healthcare financing and economics, implementing reform, and the health workforce.
What areas of health services research does the journal consider?
The journal considers articles on all aspects of health services research. We particularly welcome submissions covering the following topics:
- eHealth, mHealth and informatics
- Healthcare financing and economics
- Health policy, politics and power
- Health system quality and safety
- Healthcare delivery and access to healthcare
- Healthcare governance and management
- Designing and implementing health system reform
- The health workforce
More information can be found here.
Society Affiliation Information
BMC Health Service Research is affiliated with Health Systems Global. Health Systems Global is a unique organization driven by a diverse, global membership of researchers, decision-makers, and implementers who are dedicated to promoting health systems research and knowledge translation.
The activities of Health Systems Global span three broad areas:
- To foster the creation of new knowledge
- To support knowledge translation focusing on bridging knowledge creation with practical application
- To foster research on the application of new knowledge in real-world settings.
Members of Health Systems Global can receive a 20% discount on the article-processing charges of submissions to the BMC Series journals, including BMC Health Services Research, when they provide a discount code at submission. The discount code can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
Latest Published Collections
Advancing Dementia Care
Edited by: Dr. Clarissa Giebel and Tillie Cryer
Collection published: 13 May 2020
Health Services Research for Opioid Use Disorders
Edited by: Dr. Kim Hoffman
Collection published: 31 March 2020
Management of Infectious Diseases in Health Systems and Services
Edited by: Tillie Cryer
Collection published: 19 March 2020