(n = 24)
Researchers read one vignette (randomly assigned) to each interview participant.
1. understanding of the concept of LVC
2. recognition of reasons for not providing LVC
3. the impact to the patient of not providing LVC
4. the impact to the patient-clinician relationship of not providing LVC
5. patients’ recommendations for the reduction or de-implementation of LVC
(n = 232)
Survey respondents read one vignette (randomly assigned) at the start of the survey.
HVC- statin for high CVD risk
You will read nine statements that a person can make about his/her primary care provider (PCP). Please choose the appropriateness of each statement for your PCP by marking one number per statement.
1 = not at all appropriate
2 = somewhat appropriate
3 = appropriate
4 = mostly appropriate
5 = totally appropriate
1. My PCP helps me.
2. My PCP has enough time for me.
3. I trust my PCP.
4. My PCP understands me.
5. My PCP is dedicated to helping me.
6. My PCP and I agree on the nature of my medical symptoms.
7. I can talk to my PCP.
8. I feel content with my PCP’s care.
9. I find my PCP easily accessible.
Interview and survey data were integrated for analysis and interpretation.