(n = 24)
Researchers read one vignette (randomly assigned) to each interview participant.|
1. understanding of the concept of LVC|
2. recognition of reasons for not providing LVC
3. the impact to the patient of not providing LVC
4. the impact to the patient-clinician relationship of not providing LVC
5. patients’ recommendations for the reduction or de-implementation of LVC
(n = 232)
Survey respondents read one vignette (randomly assigned) at the start of the survey.|
HVC- statin for high CVD risk
You will read nine statements that a person can make about his/her primary care provider (PCP). Please choose the appropriateness of each statement for your PCP by marking one number per statement.|
1 = not at all appropriate
2 = somewhat appropriate
3 = appropriate
4 = mostly appropriate
5 = totally appropriate
1. My PCP helps me.
2. My PCP has enough time for me.
3. I trust my PCP.
4. My PCP understands me.
5. My PCP is dedicated to helping me.
6. My PCP and I agree on the nature of my medical symptoms.
7. I can talk to my PCP.
8. I feel content with my PCP’s care.
9. I find my PCP easily accessible.
|Interview and survey data were integrated for analysis and interpretation.|