• Adult (18+ years) patients recently (≤3 weeks) discharged from a hospital following an episode of inpatient or outpatient care.|
• Registered with participating GP practice.
• Treated at and discharged from a hospital within North or South Warwickshire, Coventry, Rugby, Herefordshire or Worcestershire.
• Written discharge communication has been sent to the patient’s GP.
• Age < 18 years.|
• Lack capacity to give informed consent to participate in the study (e.g. Alzheimer’s, severe mental illness etc.) or are deemed by the GP to be unsuitable for participation (e.g. end of life).
• Discharged to providers or units other than their GP (e.g. discharge from hospital to a rehab unit).
• Discharge communication from mental health services.
• Communication about individuals who are considered unable to participate in an interview conducted in English.
• Have expressed a general wish not to participate in research.