|Bologna score ||To determine whether the intrapartum care in case of a normal birth was according to the best evidence.||
- presence of partner or friend during labour
- use of a partogram (measure progression objectively)
- absence of interventions
- labour not in supine position
- skin-to-skin contact between mother and child for at least 30 minutes during first hour postpartum
|Dutch consumer quality index (CQI) treatment score ||To measure the actual experience of clients with structure and process aspects of health care, as well as the importance clients attach to each aspect.||
- Does your midwife treat you with respect?
- Do you feel that your midwife listens to you?
- Does your midwife devote enough time to you?
- Do you feel that your midwife takes you seriously?
- Does your midwife explain things to you in a way that is easy for you to understand?
- Do you feel you are in good hands with your midwife?
|Q2 + Q3|
|Labour Agentry Scale ||To measure personal control during childbirth (separately during first and second stage of labour).||
10 items (shortened version):|
- I was tense
- I felt important
- I felt confident
- I felt I was in control of myself
- I was scared
- I was relaxed
- I felt I was doing a good job
- I felt helpless
- I felt powerless
- I felt I was surrounded by people who cared for me
- I felt a failure
(options: The whole time or nearly the whole time/About three quarters of the time/Just over half the time/About half the time/Just under half the time/About a quarter of the time/Not or hardly at all)
|EuroQol questionnaire ||To measure health-related quality of life, categorized by mobility, self-care, main activity, social relationships, pain and mood.||
- Main activity (eg work, study, housework)
- Social relationships (pursue family and leisure activities)
- Mood (anxious or depressed)
|Q1 + Q2 + Q3|
|Visual Analogue Scale ||To measure pain||10 cm visual analogue scale, from 'no pain' to 'worst pain imaginable'||Q2 + Q3|